Friday, May 9, 2008

Can I get a Yo?



Jules,

So much to catch-up up on! First off, what’s up with the creepy black Teddy Bear Karl? Who invited the couture bear anyway? S&M indeed! I'm thinking that this is some high fashion vision of Karl’s upbringing being played out under the guise of a fashion show. “The Teddy will wear black….” said Karl as he cooled his brow with his fan. So funny Juls.

Love Parker Posey and every character she plays. Did you ever see that movie Party Girl? It was out in the 90’s. Everytime I see her I think of that movie. It’s kind of quirky. This movie seems like it has such a great feel to it. I will have to add it to my Netfilx. Although, my Netflix queue is large and I still have the same movies from February. I’m feeling the pressure now that it’s May and all. I have Omega Man, with Charlton Heston, the movie that Will Smith’s movie I am Legend is based on and Nine Queens, this Argentinean heist flick. Must watch, have to watch.... just one…..

I like the whole ideas of issues of women in their 30. I’m feeling that lately myself. I went to Vegas last weekend, as you know. Hence the drunk come hither pic above! I am stilling feeling it in every inch of my body. I want to hook up an IV so I can hydrate for the rest of the week. While I was there I thought of you. We were out this club called TAO which consisted of many rooms filled with ladies in stilettos, too many bottles of vodka, and Asian ladies in bathtubs with rose petals. None those things made me think you, per your previous post there was this amazing block of hip-hop played, which is when I thought of you. One of those tunes was Black Sheep the Choice is Yours. Love all that music as well. Miss it. Where are the Tribes, where are the Arrested Developments, the Biggies, the Skee-Lo’s, well maybe not Skee-Lo or Coolio. Anyway I digress, per usual, when the “Engine, Engine, #9 on the New York Transit line” line played I raised my hand and dedicated the “if my train goes off the track, pick it up, pick it up, pick-up…” to one to J to the O to the D, that’s you.

By the way the Digable Planets broke up in 1996 and apparently they are more important then around other neo-rap groups because their website is a “.org". And yes I’m peace like that, check it out: http://digableplanets.org/

No comments: