Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I'm Going Taking My Picture...

JULES, it's so nice to have you back. Willkommen, bienvenue, welcome! I completely feel your pain a la the retarded burn. I was a victim of many of summers in LBI in NJ. Usually in place that was close to bra for extra pain. Thank you very much Irish ancestry. Love your pics of your NJ shore adventure. Love how your exploited your man in the typical pin up picture. That has inspired me to share my photos..

So I took a one day digital photo class on the beach in Venice a few weekends ago. I discovered that my camera has all of these wonderful settings. I can make the group shot of friends smiling a little spicy. I also discovered that all of this information is in my camera manual. So I have been experimenting with my camera. Most of the pictures are of me because my West Coast buds as well as my boyfriend Dan, are getting tired of me stalking them with my camera. Well that is until they see the final work..pause to pat myself on the back. So here is a sampling of my work thus far.....


So yes, I'm finding that I am the "main" object of this experimentation. I call this series - Le Cart - Fondness of herself



So this is a picture of me attending a Chorus Line at the "Lincoln Center" of LA. The second picture is a back & white study of my foot, with a flip flop, in case you needed help there. The next picture is my foot once again. I threw in my hand in the mix for good measure...



These are some exterior shots of Venice beach. These pics were taken, same time of day with different settings..I mean thrilling..




I call this series, "I rediscovered my apartment..."




These are some cute pics of friends seeing SATC...

That is all from the west. Enjoy my art, let it penetrate you like that exhibit we saw at the MOMA in High School. Remember the brilliant exhibit we saw "Stuffed Animals on Afghans" that was indeed stuffed animals on blankets. Wonderful indeed..

Love you lots - the West is out...
Jill.....

PS Love the you are on the Flight of Conchords train! They just came with a CD of their songs, Dan, may man is obessed!!

No comments: