Thursday, June 19, 2008

Um...Ommmmm!


Jill you vixen! You vision! You minx! I love the pics! Super creative and stylish. Me like likes. You need to show me how to get my camera to do that ish! Also love that you took that class. I'm getting my feet wet with exploring new things myself. Lately I have been considering and reading a lot about I guess you would call it conscious eating?! Basically eating organic, locally grown if possible and in season. Along with that...perhaps cutting out animal products. You know I love me my cheese so I'm still thinking it all out. I saw a woman on Oprah named Kathy Freston who has a new book out and conscious eating is one of the topics. She is a practicing vegan. She talks about how if you want to live a better life and be a better person...you should try not to eat animals and animal products. You hear how they are treated and how they are killed and some people think you are ingesting the fear and pain of that animal. That might seem a little out there...a little kooky if you will...but you know me I actually believe it! Between hearing her, reading Fast Food Nation and recently reading Skinny Bitch...it is definitely something to think about. I've been trying to up my veggie and fruit intake, water intake and lessen my addiction to sugar. Also trying to buy only organic produce and meats/eggs. Skinny Bitch, by the by, is a fantastic book. Really funny and smart. They too are vegan and going into great detail about how animals are killed for our consumption and how eating meat is not necessarily the best thing for our health and bodies. Something I am considering. I do notice that I mainly eat vegetarian for 2 out of the 3 main meals I eat. I'm gettin' all spiritual up in hea! Jill, talk me down! I'm not sure I am describing this well enough but I will return to the subject since I am really interested in it at the mo'. I would think that it would be really easy to be vegan or a strict vegetarian in LA/Cali. I think you would have an easy time of it in NYC as well. I'm not so sure of the Jerz and PA. Fine when you are buying your groceries of course...but not so much on the plethora of vegan restaurants in the burbs! Jill, do you know a lot of vegan/vegetarians? Besides the lovely Melis of course! Thoughts?

No comments: