Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Julie can hear me? Julie can you see me?


A little throw back to Yental. I know how much you love that movie!! Juls me love, haven’t heard from ya. So I’m jumping in for a quick chime in. As you know me and my dear sis Melissa, took a ride up the coast over Memorial Day weekend. It’s so nice to know that Cali has all of this wonderful scenery. I say good day to the LA, ‘ello to Northern Cali. So long smog, silicon boobs, road rage and hello to gorgeous scenery, laid back atmosphere, and people who actually eat and drink and all of these things (lingo courtesy of my esteemed governator – Arnold). So our journey started in LA, then we drove up the coast to Santa Barbara. We stayed there for the evening at the Hotel Oceana. We a dinner reservation at this great tapas place called Sevilla. It was delic. Then we went from class to karaoke at this dive bar on the main strip there. A perfect transition yes? We saw a midget sing the Stones, Sympathy for the Devil. I wish I had a picture, but we felt bad about obviously documenting the scene. We sang a few tunes as well. Many tunes, since the place was not packed, we got up five times. I kept changing our name as the night progressed. First it was Jill C & Melis C. Then it was J&M. It ended up as Jlovin and MGets. We definitely got our fix.


We got up in on Sat morning and headed up the coast to Monterey. That drive was beautiful! In Monterey we stayed at this great pace called The Monterey Plaza Hotel for two nights. I felt like we were a bit young for the place, which was funny. The only people we bonded with were the bell boys who wanted to take us out on the town. I think they were 18, so we politely declined! There we gorged ourselves on amazing food and wine plus some spa treatments.

On Sun we explored Monterey and also took a day trip to Carmel which was right next to Monterey. We ate this amazing place call
Casanova’s. It was adorable and we drank mimosas and had an amazing brunch. So yum.

On way back to LA we hit the Hearst Castle and pretended that we were Hearst’s guests in the 20’s, well the tour guide did. She kept mentioning how the guest would sip cocktails here and there. I really think they should served us a few to get in the mood. Anyway, I hope you enjoy the pics. Here’s the link courtesy of Frommer’s that inspired our journey:
Up the Coast in a Week

Miss ya, wanna hear from ya, need to get an east coast fix…can you help momma out?

No comments: